Re: Help-grub Digest, Vol 2, Issue 2

From: Matt x
Subject: Re: Help-grub Digest, Vol 2, Issue 2
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:11:33 -0400

Frank,

There's no documentation yet. I've started gathering some information at
http://wiki.debian.org/Grub/Grub2#manpages
I'll work on updating grub-legacy's manual... soon ;).
(but please understand I'm not a grub expert).

Thanks for the help so far, and the link. I understand from these pages that I'll still need to use the chainloader +1 command to run a proprietary OS's (Windows') bootloader. I understand that chainloader_normal is the module I'll need for this, but I don't seem to have it. I installed grub2 from the cvs source from a couple days ago. Do you know of a command / variable / something I need to use to get the chainloader_normal module to build? I do see a chainloader_normal.c with the source, but I see no chainloader_normal.mod.

-Matt