help-gnuzilla

RE: Error displaying certificate

From: chippy
Subject: RE: Error displaying certificate
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:18:16 +0200

> Hi,
>
> Attempting to view the certificate of this site produced an error
> with
> Icecat, although it works with other browsers including Firefox ESR.
>
> "Something went wrong.
> We were unable to find the certificate information, or the
> certificate
> is corrupted. Please try again."
>
> Icecat 102.14.0esr (64-bit)
>
> https://www.britsuperstore.com/uk/
>
> I installed Icecat on Debian 11 using Guix.

Hi, I just tried to reproduce the error without success, in other words
I can correctly see the certificate of the mentioned website using
Icecat 102.14.0esr.

I'm assuming that this is the only episode of a corrupted certificate
file?

If so, maybe you can re-try just in case the problem was indeed on the
certificate and it was since then replaced by chance before you could
test it with other browsers? (or before you could hit a different
node).
I also saw that the certificate validity starts on the 16th of August,
which is recent date, so it kinda makes sense with them deploying a bad
certificate and then redeploy the correct one (maybe on one out of
multiple nodes?)

This is the only thing I can think of ATM if no other certificate gave
the same problem.

What happens if you retry after some time?

Though I'm running a locally built Icecat 102.14.0esr on debian
testing.

Chippy