help-gnuzilla

Re: Strange change in Icecat.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Strange change in Icecat.
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 04:35:33 -0500

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>   > My first instinct was to check, but you didn't mention which version you
>   > upgraded from.
>
> I don't know.  Is there any place that will save that information?
> I could not find this in /var/log/apt.

On a Trisquel system, I believe the relevant logs will be in
/var/log/dpkg.log*.  The following command should show the relevant log
entries:

  ls -tr /var/log/dpkg.log* | xargs zgrep icecat | grep 'status installed'

Alternatively, if it hasn't been cleaned recently, you could look in the
apt package cache directory.  It might cover a longer time period than
the log files.  Try the following command:

  ls -tr /var/cache/apt/archives/icecat*.deb

      Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.