help-gnuzilla

Re: Font color on many textboxes

From: anarcobuda
Subject: Re: Font color on many textboxes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 17:25:49 -0300

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 20:03 +0100, Johannes Marbach wrote:
> On 11/26/19 7:10 PM, anarcobuda wrote:
> > under these, i run YouTube (https://www.youtube.com) and the search
> > textbox makes the texts i write seem blank, however, when i select
> > them
> > i can see them.
>
> I am not sure if this is related but I had similar issues with text
> fields until I forced the browser to use a *light* GTK theme matching
> my
> *dark* desktop theme:
>
> bash -c "GTK_THEME=Mint-X-Teal icecat %u"
>
> This is rather a Firefox than an IceCat problem (or "feature")
> though.

after you gave the idea to look into the GTK theming issue, i found an
easy workaround that doesn't change the icecat UI

in about:config, i created a preference called 'widget.content.gtk-
theme-override' as a string and just gave the name of a default light
theme such as Adwaita.

that actually fixed the issue as far as i can tell.