help-gnuzilla

Re: Recent add-ons

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Recent add-ons
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:27:45 -0500

Hi,

anarcobuda <address@hidden> wrote:
> i've recently updated my machine (which runs parabola gnu/linux-libre)
> and noticed it automatically installed two new add-ons, 'disable-
> polymer-youtube' and 'ViewTube'.
[...]
> what are those, and how do they enhance/protect our freedom and our
> privacy?

Rubén added those extensions in the IceCat-60.7.0 release of June 2019.
As he wrote in the release announcement:

  - Added "ViewTube" + "disable-polymer-youtube" extensions, which allow
    to browse and play YouTube videos without JavaScript

  <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2019-06/msg00001.html>
  <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2019-06/msg00000.html>

    Regards,
      Mark