help-gnuts

[Help-gnuts] fix indignant

From: Julius Tapia
Subject: [Help-gnuts] fix indignant
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:27:53 +0530

But properly paraphrased it makes fiendish sense, Sergeant. But Ive nothing tangible to present to a grand jury. A moment later Doctor Bliss appeared atthe entrance to the drawing-room. We dont knowthat the opium can was in Salveters room.
The coincidence was sostaggering that none of us was able to speak for several moments.
Still, said Markham, if you hadnt come into the case Id havebrought a murder charge against him.
However, I dont go in for mysticism myself.
The trap was arranged so that we would discover it.
To-night was the time; but Scarlett came unexpectedly. Hell be back to-morrow, Vance assured him.
And he came here to-night to confront Bliss.
He passedthrough the door and descended the steps, the rest of us trailingalong. Hani answered without a moments hestitation. But, Vance, how would the letter have been found? Vance was apparently absorbed in selectinga cigarette from his case.
Bliss stuttered, as if trying to shield some one. Still, said Markham, if you hadnt come into the case Id havebrought a murder charge against him. Bliss covered every clew against himself with a stronger clewpointing to Salveter.
Well, if the forged letter couldnt be admitted as evidence, whatwas the doctors idea?
But why wouldnt Salveter have taken the letter? Heevidently wanted to talk to Salveter alone. Vance put his ear on the manschest and took his wrist in one hand to feel the pulse.
Ive known some clever crooks in my day; butthis bird Bliss has em all beat . Hell be back to-morrow, Vance assured him. After we had refused to arrest him, he began to worry.
The man, assisted by the officer, lifted Scarlett to the stretcher.