help-gnutls

p11tool token management

From: slobozian daniel
Subject: p11tool token management
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:59:21 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

     I'm trying to use p11tool for a server application. I need it to stock server's private key and to communicate with the server application that uses gnutls API.  I don’t have a hardware smart card. Therefore I want to use a software p11. I supposed that p11tool allows me to do that because the command --list-tokens shows me 5 existing tokens (My machine is on ubuntu 12.04). But there is no option to create a token, only to initialize.
    My first question is if it is possible to stock a private key and a certificate with p11tool without a hardware device. If so do I have to install any other software in order to create a software token? If, on the other hand, it’s not possible to do that with p11tool, can I still use gnutls to connect to a local software P11?

Thank you in advance for your answer
Regards,
Daniel Slobozian