help-gnutls

Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt

From: Daryl Anthony Chouinard
Subject: Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:38:45 -0400

Hi,
I'm having problems using a program which uses gnutls.
(my /var/log/user.log is full of "[...] aria2c: Libgcrypt warning: missing initialization - please fix the application").
Note : aria2c is a download manager which uses gnutls.

As libgcrypt seems a bit deprecated with gnutls, I'd like to use nettle instead, to see if the application gets fixed.
I have nettle installed (uh, pacman, Archlinux's package manager, is telling me that it's installed), but gnutls is using libgcrypt (which is a xorg-server dependency, so I can't really uninstall it).

Anyone know how I can configure gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt (Or how I can fix this error message without the need to (submit a patch)/edit gnutls' source code) ?

Thanks in advance,
Totony