help-gnutls

Re: how to send arbitrary data in supplemental data message

From: Carolin Latze
Subject: Re: how to send arbitrary data in supplemental data message
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:15:12 +0200

Hi Nikos,

On 05/30/2010 01:05 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
LATZE Carolin wrote:
Hi everybody,

I ran again into problems with the supplemental data messages. I tried to copy
a certificate into the buffer of type gnutls_buffer and do not manage to send
all 1314 bytes of the certificate. Instead it sends only 41 bytes. I tried it
with another certificate which resulted in 65 bytes sent. This is pretty
strange. I expected the buffer to stop at a \0 character in the signature, but
that does not seem to be the case since strlen of the original data results in
the correct length of 1314. Any ideas?

In order to simplify debugging, I copied my gnutls version including the
tls-tpm extension (not finished yet, but does not cause crashes :-)) onto a
server:
http://diuf.unifr.ch/people/latzec/gnutls-CL-28052010.tar.gz

Furthermore, I uploaded my little sample program as well:
http://diuf.unifr.ch/people/latzec/sample.tar.gz

I would be happy for any hints or ideas since I am clueless at the moment.
Could you use debugging output with
   gnutls_global_set_log_function (tls_log_func);
   gnutls_global_set_log_level (level);
?

Oh sorry, I did that already (with level 3), but forgot to add the file. You find it here:

http://diuf.unifr.ch/people/latzec/out

Thats the output of the client who is supposed to send the supplemental data.

Carolin

Level 2 should be sufficient.

regards,
Nikos