help-gnutls

trying to find the cipher functions

From: Ali Khalfan
Subject: trying to find the cipher functions
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:06:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to locate the cipher functions (spefically, AES, and ARCFour)
since I want to run them by themselves (I'm trying to run the same
cipher functions from different SSL libraries)

so I found the following const:  GNUTLS_CIPHER_AES_256_CBC, which from
the documentation I'm assuming will be used in the record layer, to be
called by _gnutls_encrypt,

yet, I can't seem to find a function that handles the AES encryption (or
ARCFour),

Is there something I'm missing here about  gnutls's architecture?  It
doesn't seem to be logical that there would be one generic function that
would take care of all the different algorithm types, and I don't
believe that gnutls is relying on openssl