help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Still replacing OpenSSL function with GnuTLS

From: Carolin Latze
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Still replacing OpenSSL function with GnuTLS
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:04:01 +0200

Hi Nikos,

Hello,
 In general you shouldn't try to map gnutls functions to openssl or vice
versa. They both work different and there is no such 1-1 mapping. Just
check the gnutls manual to see what kind of server/client you are
implementing and try to apply it to your program.
I totally agree with you, but I am trying to port the FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS module to GnuTLS and that would require to implement it again from the scratch. As I am unable to do that, I tried to replace the OpenSSL calls instead. Meanwhile I also got the impression, that it might have been easier to write a complete new module instead... I have time until the end of June to get it running. Not sure, I´ll be able to do it :)

Carolin