help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Re: Verifying subjectAltNames

From: Matthias Wimmer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Re: Verifying subjectAltNames
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:28:08 +0100

Hi Simon!

I now implemented checking of id-on-xmppAddr in the RFC 3920 server using libtasn1 directly (to be compatible with existing versions of GnuTLS).

But I am still interested in having direct id-on-xmppAddr support in GnuTLS, so I continued thinking about an interface: I don't think that our initial idea would be working. (Having one or two functions returning the OID for an otherName and its content.) This won't work, as I think we cannot know the content of the otherName.value part. In case of id-on-xmppAddr it is an UTF8String, but I guess it might also use other string representations. So we will still be only able to return known types of otherName. Right? So if I am not wrong, we should be able to just extend gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t to be able to represent id-on-xmppAddr and report the new value back in gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name().

Matthias