help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] memory leak in gnutls in multithreaded program??

From: Ang Way Chuang
Subject: [Help-gnutls] memory leak in gnutls in multithreaded program??
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:28:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,
   I wrote a sample server program using gnutls 1.2.9. I did gcry_control(GCRYCTL_SET_THREAD_CBS ...) stuff mentioned in the manual. Yet whenever I create a new thread to service a new session from client, the memory allocation for the server process increases for every new thread created. I saw this behaviour through top.However, when the thread exits, the memory wasn't freed. I run the program under valgrind and there is no memory leak reported. Do I need to do anything special in the thread apart from gnutls_bye, shutdown, close & gnutls_deinit to get the memory freed? Please advise. Thanks

Regards,
Ang Way Chuang