help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Secret key after SRP authentication

From: Kaspar Fischer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Secret key after SRP authentication
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:28:10 +0100

On 15.01.2006, at 20:17, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
Hello,
You mean the negotiated key? No there is no way currently to obtain it.
Why do you need it? If you are mixing that key with another protocol,
I'd say that in general it could be unsafe to do that.

Thanks for your answer. As a matter of fact I made a big
confusion. I thought that the example

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Simple-client- example-with-SRP-authentication.html#Simple-client-example-with-SRP- authentication

was only doing authentication -- and NOT encryption. Therefore
I was wondering where I could find this negotiated key to use
it to initialize an encryption method for encrypted send()/recv().
But (of course!) GNU TLS already does everything for me, meaing
that the send()/recv()'s in the above server and client example
*are* already encrypted. -- I did not get this at first. Sorry
for this.

Kaspar