help-gnunet

Re: GNUnet Switches

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: GNUnet Switches
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:01:12 +0200

On 4/18/24 06:04, statute_roulette815@simplelogin.com wrote:
Hello,

I have recently learned about GNUnet and am impressed with its ambitions.
However I have one question:

 From my understanding GNUnet has its own link-layer implementation. Does this
mean that, theoretically, there could be dumb GNUnet dumb switches as there are
Ethernet switches today?

Well, maybe not quite as dumb as Ethernet switches, but indeed peers can offer only parts of the GNUnet stack and not all participants need to run everything.