help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] Arbitrary name length limits?

From: Wechsler, Steven
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] Arbitrary name length limits?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:01:06 +0000

From: John Collins (Xi Software Ltd)

On 24/01/12 13:23, Wechsler, Steven wrote:

Regarding increasing the number of characters in a variable name, it appears that all I need to do is change the value of BTV_NAME in btvar.h and then recompile. Is that correct?

Yes but make it 1 less than a multiple of 4 or you may get funny things happening if you network between different platforms.

Are you planning on a new release soon, or should I go ahead with that change?

I'm just working on some new stuff - it'll be a few weeks yet as I've got a whole lot of extra stuff for Windows clients to go in so please change it in your version.

Is it safe to make a similar change to HOSTNSIZE?

Steve