help-gnu-utils

Re: Controlling script execution without environment variables based on

From: John Bartley K7AAY
Subject: Re: Controlling script execution without environment variables based on file content
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

On May 16, 1:43 am, Manuel Collado <m.coll...@see.signature.es>
escribió:

> The script can be rewritten as:
>
> grep -q CONDITION filename
> if not ERRORLEVEL 1 (
>     put commands here to perform if CONDITION found
> ) else (
>     put commands here to perform if CONDITION not found
> )
>
> Yes, this is for Windows XP.
>
> Hope this helps.
> --
> Manuel Collado -http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado

Gracias, Sr. Collado, appreciate learning a new way to do it. I tend
to write tersely, and your method is likely easier for some to read.

As for everyone else, well, I have been asking a lot of questions
recently, and since I found a solution for a problem I was thinking
about asking for help with, I thought I would post my solution to my
problem, hoping it helps someone else.