help-gnu-utils

gdbm questions

From: Oded Haim Langford
Subject: gdbm questions
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:51:54 +0200

Hello,
I'm am a new user of the gbdm utility, and I have some
questions regarding it's backgroung work.
I will try to integrate this module in a database program,
my database has to store and fetch
tons of small objects, several bytes up to 1KB.
Does gdbm uses cache memory ? in what way ?
If it has cache, will it be better to configure it to read
smaller block rather than bigger ones ? I mean
in my case to read 1KB blocks and not system block size of
8KB ?

thanks a lot,
Oded.