help-gnu-music

Re: Font selection in Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font selection in Lilypond
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:35:37 +0200

> Hi,
>
> For typesetting a small slovak song I'd like to use T1 font encoding, which
> looks better. So I have to select the ecrm-family.  It works fine if I typeset
> the piece with lilypond and replace the cmr font selection manually in the
> .tex
> file. From Documentation I thougt that it must be possible to make it direct
> in
> the lilypond-source. Can anyone tell me how to add the ecrm fonts to the font
> selection table or how to replace the cmr fonts there?

I'm afraid you have to hack some initialization files in Lilypond
to achieve this. One solution is given in
but as I wrote recently in another mail on gnu-music-discuss,
it would be even better if we could select the font encoding
separately without overriding the other font selection parameters.

I've done some thinking and don't think it's too hard to implement.
If I just had some time to do it.

     /Mats