help-gnu-music

Staffs problem in a choir piece

From: Schweikert, Martin {POYD~Kaiseraugst}
Subject: Staffs problem in a choir piece
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:03:45 +0200

Hi!

I have a problem with a piece for choir and soprano solo.

- It starts with a soprano solo,
- then follows a part for soprano, alt, tenor and bass (without the soprano
solo),
- then follows a part for soprano solo, soprano, alt, tenor and bass.

It is no problem to arrange the voices in three staffs (1 for soprano solo, 1
for soprano & alt, 1 for tenor & bass).

The problem is:

- In the first part (the soprano solo) there is no need for the staffs for the
four voices - they are quiet
- In the second part (no soprano solo) there is no need for the soprano solo
staff - it is quiet

How can I tell Lily to suppress the staffs which are not needed?

Best Regards / Mit freundlichem Gruss
Martin Schweikert
--
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.   Division Pharmaceuticals
IT Service Unit Basel       DOCUMENTUM Services