help-gnu-music

customizing \addlyrics

From: Thomas Willhalm
Subject: customizing \addlyrics
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:46:02 +0200

Hello,

the question I have is partly technical partly a matter of taste:
I have several multi-stanza songs, where the text and the notes don't
match exactly. So you have to leave a note out for a stanza or tie
two notes together. (I have attached an example to give you an idea.)

I don't want to discuss whether it is good style to write such songs,
but how to typeset them. So far, I've seen several methods:
1. Unfold the notes for every stanza and adapt them,
2. make parenthesis around notes and dashed slurs between them,
3. make rest marks and slurs in the lyrics,
and mixtures of those.

What does the LilyPond community think about this problem and - even
more important - how do I realize it with LilyPond.

Thanks in advance.
Thomas

--
http://www.thomas.willhalm.de/