help-gnu-music

Re: More problems with ly2dvi

From: David R. Linn
Subject: Re: More problems with ly2dvi
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:36:12 -0600 (CST)

>> From: Rune Zedeler <address@hidden>
>> Subject: Re: More problems with ly2dvi

>> >What do you mean by this, what page?
>>
>> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-gnu-music/2001-March/000204.html

I also asked Rune this question and, as the GMP mailing list manager,
feel I should respond to Rune's reply.  The GMP mailing lists, like
those of almost all GNU projects, are run from mail.gnu.org using
GNU Mailman.  The archive subsystem of Mailman is called pipermail
and the URL Rune gives above is for an archived message.  Rune asks
why there is no Reply or Forward buttons on this page and the answer
is that pipermail does not provide that sort of functionality.  In
fact, I don't see such functionality on the wishlist for the next
version of Mailman either.

There is a 2nd archive of the GMP lists at www.mail-archive.com and
the archive software for *that* archive *does* have a "reply via e-mail"
button for the messages I checked.  For now, Rune (and others) might
look to the 2nd archive for the "reply button functionality" and I will
raise the issue with the GNU Mailman folks.

         David
--
David R. Linn - address@hidden - address@hidden