help-gnu-music

Re: removing time signatures

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: removing time signatures
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:24:16 +0100

> Hello!  I'm trying to write out some unmetered voice parts in
> Lilypond, and I can't figure out how to tell Staff to not print a
> time signature.  The docs and FAQ wiki were unhelpful.
>
> I am not subscribed; please cc me.  Thanks!
>
> address@hidden test]$ lilypond -version
> GNU LilyPond 1.3.135.

Try to add
TimeSignature = \turnOff
or
TimeSignature \override #'transparent = ##t
or
TimeSignature \override #'molecule-callback = ##f
in
\paper{
  \translator{
    \StaffContext
  }
}

The properties transparent and molecule-callback are described in
documentation, see the section on TimeSignature in the on-line
documentation at
http://www.cs.ruu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/lilypond-internals.html
The same autogenerated part of the manual is also available locally
on your machine in the form of Info files.

     /Mats

     /Mats