help-gnu-music

separet_Lily-guile_failed

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: separet_Lily-guile_failed
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:50:52 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> >it does involve you compiling both Guile and lilypond. Basic idea:
> >
> >   tar xzf guile-X.tar.gz
> >   cd guile-X/
> >   ./configure  --prefix=$HOME/usr/
> >   make all test install
> >   tar xzf lilypond-X.tar.gz
> >   cd lilypond-X/
> >   ./configure  --prefix=$HOME/usr/
> >   make all  install
> >
> >binaries will appear under $HOME/usr/bin
>
> Following the above instructions worked for guile but when I applied this
> formula to Lilypond it ended thusly:

you are still compiling against the copy of guile under /usr/, not the
one you compiled from source. Be sure to include ~/usr/bin/ into your
path, so the guile-config living there is found.

        blauw:~/usr/src/lilypond$ guile-config --version
        guile-config - Guile version 1.4
        blauw:~/usr/src/lilypond$ which guile-config
        ~/usr/bin/guile-config