help-gnu-music

Smaller metronome marks

From: Héctor M . Monacci
Subject: Smaller metronome marks
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:55:20 +0100

Friends,

some days ago I got a solution from Jan in order to have metronome marks
printed above the staff. The code implies using Scheme this way:

#(define note '(rows (music "noteheads-2" ((kern . -0.1) "flags-stem"))))
#(define eight-note `(rows ,note ((kern . -0.1) (music ((raise . 3.5)
"flags-u3")))))
#(define dotted-eight-note `(rows ,eight-note (music "dots-dot")))

and then using a special superscript like this:

^#`(rows ,note " = 116")

It works fine on my system. Now, even if it is a hack and not a feature,
don't you find the whole-size note it prints a bit too big? Metronome marks
use to be smaller than normal notes, maybe the size of grace notes, or
something between the size of normal notes and the size of grace notes.

Is there anything I can do to have smaller metronome marks?

Héctor Monacci
address@hidden