help-gnu-music

Re: A bunch of questions...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: A bunch of questions...
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:29:16 +0100

> Hi again...
>
> I've been working with lilypond for a while now, but there are some things I
> really couldn't figure out myself...
>
> 1)
> I've got three staffs (voice, treble, bass). Now I want the empty parts of
> the voice-staff to be removed (i.e. a "harakiri-staff"), but if I include
> "\translator { \HaraKiriStaffContext }" in the paper-section this will affect
> all staffs.
> The problem is that some parts of the treble-staff only contain rests, too,
> but these schouldn't be removed.
> How do I use "harakiri-staff" for only one staff?

I'm afraid you have to define a new specific context.
Use the definitions in engraver.ly as a starting point, give
it a special \name and add an \accepts declaration in the
ScoreContext or wherever you want to include your new context.
Examples of adding new contexts can be found in
input/test/tab-staff.ly and input/test/cue-notes.ly

> 2)
> If I have something like
>     \property Voice.TupletBracket \set #'tuplet-bracket-visibility = ##f
>     \property Voice.TupletBracket \set #'direction = #1
>     \stemDown \times 2/3 { d'8( e'8 )d'8 }
> (i.e. a triplet with a slur) the "3" collides with the slur.
> Is there a way to change the the position of the "3", so that it will be
> above the slur?

You could add an offset using
    \property Voice.TupletBracket \set #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 3)
the pair of numbers determine the offset in the horizontal and
vertical directions, respectively.

> 3)
> Is it possible to put one note (or the note head) in parentheses?

Take a look at input/regression/molecule-hacking.ly
It can be done, but the result is not perfect.

    /Mats