help-gnu-music

Re: incorrect mudela version: 1.2.14 (1.3.59, 1.3.84)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: incorrect mudela version: 1.2.14 (1.3.59, 1.3.84)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:34:06 +0100

> I've just installed Lilypond for the first time
> on Red Hat 6.2 and when trying
>

> lilypond star-spangled-banner.ly
>
> it says:-
> error: incorrect mudela version: 1.2.14 (1.3.59, 1.3.84)

> How do I cure this problem?

Where did you find the example file?
Since Lilypond is a program still under heavy development,
also the input syntax keeps changing every now and then.
For this reason, you could specify in the input file
which Lilypond version it's written for. Then, the script
convert-mudela (called convert-lilypond in the most recent
versions) can be used to update the file.
However, in your case I suggest to find an example file
for the Lilypond version you have installed. The RPM
should contain a large number of example files somewhere
below /usr/doc/.../lilypond/... (I don't run RedHat myself
so I'm not sure about the exact location).

   /Mats