help-gnu-music

Series of problems with 1.3.110

From: Maarten Wisse
Subject: Series of problems with 1.3.110
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:54:47 +0100

Hi Lilypond-experts,

Actually a series of problems when using 1.3.110. I didn't upgrade but did fresh install on RH 7.0.

1. There is a lilypond-mode for Emacs in the source dir. How to get this mode to work? I did something similar to loading python mode:

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.ly$" . lilypond-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq interpreter-mode-alist
      (cons '("lilypond" . lilypond-mode)
            interpreter-mode-alist))

(autoload 'lilypond-mode "lilypond-mode" "Lilypond editing mode." t)

This doesn't work, which means: I do not see any extra menu's when opening ly files, no syntax highlighting etc. NOTE: I've Emacs 20.7.1.

2. All temporary files for TeX, tfm and pk files, come in my working directory, instead of being placed in /var/lib/? Why is that?

3. When running ly2dvi on any file, I get the warning that character 127 isn't found.

4. When running dvips, I get lots of messages about lacking src pictures. Nevertheless readable output.

5. When trying ly2dvi -K and doing pdftex on the tex file, I get that lilyponddefs.tex or something the like is not found. However, I have added the lilypond-profile script to my /etc/profile.d dir so the texinput should be found. Any solutions or betters ways to produce pdf out of Lily? Previously, I did it with 1.2.15, dvips and ps2pdf (GS) and that produced quality output. Now, I get Type3 fonts again when doing this, which is bad. How to avoid these problems?

6. Basically, I'm doing Lilypond for being able to get music examples in a LaTeX text, which will definitely be made with geometry package on. So lilypond-book will not work, and I anyhow planned to make the examples in a separate file, because I do not to much trust all those runs on my dissertation files. I prefer to make the examples in separate files and include the eps's in my LaTeX files manually. Is there any way to do this without lilypond-book. In other words: is it possible to do ly2dvi and just make a small score without being limited to a4 and the like?

Thanks for comments.

Maarten Wisse