Re: [External] : Re: Commands to insert a heading and a new page

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Commands to insert a heading and a new page
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 04:07:41 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> It's a Lisp file, `pp-c-l.el'. The doc page I mentioned
> points to the file, but here's the direct URL:
>
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/pp-c-l.el
>
> Just (require 'pp-c-l), after putting the file in your
> `load-path`. Nothing else is needed.

Still, people are more comfortable using the package manager
which is also a good method to find stuff (searching the
buffer).

>> 2. I added "-*- lexical-binding: t; -*-" to
>> the first line
>
> No reason to do that, here.

That's right, since it was introduced in Emacs 24 and your
source is compatible all the way back to Emacs 20. So no,
I don't think that would be appreciated in GNU ELPA :) Is that
why you don't want to put it there?

> You can ignore the byte-compiler warnings. You see them
> because the library's compatible with older Emacs versions.

Indeed, a lot of modern stuff cannot be used if you want to be
compatible with software released in 1997 :)

etc/HISTORY:

  GNU Emacs 20.1 (1997-09-15) emacs-20.1

--
underground experts united