(set-frame-position ... 0 0) renders a few pixels right of left edge

From: David Karr
Subject: (set-frame-position ... 0 0) renders a few pixels right of left edge
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:07:47 -0800

On Windows 11, using Cygwin Emacs, I have the following at the top of my
.emacs file:

(set-frame-position (selected-frame) 0 0)
(set-frame-height (selected-frame) 57)

When the window appears, the left edge is a few pixels to the right of the
left edge. If I throw the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen, the emacs
window is not in focus.

Each time emacs starts up, I have to manually drag the window a few pixels
to the left so it aligns to the left edge.

I thought perhaps that giving the X value a negative value would help, but
the doc says that would result in a completely different behavior, making
the right edge relative to the right edge of the screen. I suppose I could
drill down until I figured out the exact negative value from the right
edge, but that is a little annoying, and it would break if I connected to a
larger monitor.