Re: Minimizing automatic scrolling

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Minimizing automatic scrolling
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:36:38 +0200

> From: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
> Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:53:32 +0900
>
> I cannot find an option to disable all automatic scrolling caused by
> minibuffer setup or transient setup.  I devised a solution that illustrates
> the issue I'm managing:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand what you mean by "automatic
scrolling" nor why would you want to disable it, and the code you
posted didn't clarify that to me.

Emacs scrolls when point's line is not fully visible in the window, or
when point ends up in the scroll margins.  It never scrolls in other
situations.  You cannot disable scrolling when point goes out of the
window.  If you want to disable the scrolling when point ends up in
the margin, simply don't customize the scroll margin to a non-zero
value.

So I don't really understand what you want to do and why, nor what it
has to do with minibuffer setup or transient setup.