emacs v28.2 creates some times on exit previously deleted ~/.emacs.d

From: Alexandros Prekates
Subject: emacs v28.2 creates some times on exit previously deleted ~/.emacs.d
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:26:42 +0000

emacs v28.2 on Devuan 5.

Wanting to use ~/.config/emacs for my init file i deleted
~/.emacs.d and ~/.emacs as proposed in
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Find-Init.html
in order for emacs to use my ~/.config/emacs/init.el file

After casual use. editing org files and using C-x C-c to exit
.emacs.d is created (timestamps are minute close to my exit)  with a
bunch of eln-cache files. So on restarting emacs wont see anymore my
~/.config/emacs/init.el .

That happend after an hour of use and having closed a couple of times
emacs with no problem.

It was proposed to me to set user-emacs-directory. But where could i
put it since my init would be bypassed ?

Alexandros.