Re: Quickly check for differences in code and locate possible errors.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Quickly check for differences in code and locate possible errors.
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:03:13 +0000

I would like to know whether it's possible to quickly check for differences in code and locate possible errors with the help of Emacs. Any tips will be appreciated.

I think the simplest way to do what you want is:

(defun ediff-regions-characterwise ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((ediff-forward-word-function #'forward-char))
    (call-interactively 'ediff-regions-wordwise)))

Open the two files, call M-x ediff-regions-characterwise, select the two buffers, and type C-x h C-M-c twice.