Re: Newest emacs version that can run on Ubuntu 18.04

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Newest emacs version that can run on Ubuntu 18.04
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:38:03 -0700

> Patrick Mahan <plmahan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can Ubuntu support a new version?  (26, 27 or higher?).
>
> Does this maybe help?
>
>   https://learnubuntu.com/install-emacs/

Interesting.  The one thing I don't see in there is how to install
'snap'.  Chromebooks come with a bare bones Debian 11.6 (because they
usually don't have a lot of disk space) and you have to load everything
via 'apt' (or so I thought).  The 'snap' package in the Debian repo
seems to be related to studying DNA genes.

I'll look at Flatpak.  Thanks.

--
David Masterson