Re: Observing lags or never ending processes

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Observing lags or never ending processes
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 07:42:24 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2022-09-19 22:02]:
> > How exactly can I change use patterns?
>
> How should I know?  I don't even know what are your present use
> patterns, which packages you routinely load, which ones you use
> frequently, how many buffers are typically present in your session,
> etc. etc.

I will try to monitor it, and minimize buffers. Some buffers remain
open and it accumulates to 4000 buffers.

> > Today I was waiting 1 hour for garbage collection, two times, before I
> > killed Emacs.
>
> Did you change the GC thresholds?  (I asked that above, but you didn't
> answer.)

For now I keep the default.

Hide Garbage Collection Messages: Boolean: [Toggle]  on (non-nil)
   [ State ]: SAVED and set.
   Non-nil means display messages at start and end of garbage collection.

Hide Gc Cons Percentage: Floating point number: 0.1
   [ State ]: SAVED and set.
   Portion of the heap used for allocation. More

Hide Gc Cons Threshold: Integer: 800000
   [ State ]: STANDARD.
   Number of bytes of consing between garbage collections. More

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/