Re: TIP: Opening selected files with ROX file manager

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: TIP: Opening selected files with ROX file manager
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:12:47 +0300

* Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> [2022-09-08 04:30]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > I often have case where I locate files by using Emacs and Dired, and
> > need to drag and drop those files to other application in X.
>
> Emacs 29 has that functionality built in.  See dired-mouse-drag-files.

Do you mean this below? It does not work, or I do not know how to do
it. I am using touchpad and left mouse button.

dired-mouse-drag is an interactive byte-compiled Lisp function in
‘dired.el’.

(dired-mouse-drag EVENT)

Begin a drag-and-drop operation for the file at EVENT.
If there are marked files and that file is marked, drag every
other marked file as well.  Otherwise, unmark all files.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman