Re: Native compilation

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Native compilation
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:01:25 +0100

dxlcstar <dxlcstar@protonmail.com> writes:

> I hope this is not an extremely dumb question.
>
> After installing emacs (mater branch) with native compilation enabled, running
> it for the first time invokes deferred compilation for the packages
> that I call and use, and eln-cache is populated.
>
> But, subsequent invocations of emacs doesn't seem to start deferred
> compilation at all for lisp packages that I didn't use the first time.
>
> I think I am missing something very basic - any suggestions ?

First, check that those packages are really being ignored by
native-comp: if the package has source file foo.el, go to the eln-cache
directory and see if there is foo-####.eln.

Also, check that the source files of those packages are byte-compiled
(to .elc). That's a requirement for generating native code.