Re: Why is the star in front of every info item sometimes black and some

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Why is the star in front of every info item sometimes black and sometimes red?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:31:40 +0100

Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> writes:

> The highlighted stars are there to help the people who like to use
> the keys 1..9 to navigate info manuals.

You nailed it.

Note: Blather to come ;-)

A far fetched analogy is writing dates in a form like 20211210.  For me
it's hard to discern whether the date starts by the year and then where
month or days begin.  I'm annoyed when some colleagues do not use the
visually supporting form: 2021-12-10 (actually this form is recommended
by standard ISO 8601).

In this vane - I guess - Emacs' Info reader supports here the counting
of headlines.

   Dieter
--
Best wishes