Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 17:35:06 -0300

Hi Leo,

many many many years ago I tried to add my own characters to existing
input methods, failed miserably, and wrote my own way to do that - in
which if I typed `M-, char1 char2' the two chars would be "composed"
using a table that was easy to edit, and the result would be inserted.
In june of this year I rewrote my definition for `M-,' to make it
support compose tables written in a better format, and it became this:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el.html

The new version can also generate definitions for these characters in
a format that lualatex accepts,

  http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars.tex
  http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars.tex.html

and in a format that pdflatex accepts:

  http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars-d.tex
  http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars-d.tex.html

If you can't make the standard ways work, get in touch! =)

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev