Re: Gnus: How to reference an article from a gmane mailing list

From: Michael Heerdegen
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 07:39:19 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> But did you notice as well that this message from emacs-devel is then
> shown in the help-gnu-emacs summary buffer!?

Buffer, or window?

For me it appears in the window that displayed the original article
(containing the link).  May depend on your config.  At the end, as far
as I can see, the "link" is opened with `gnus-summary-display-article'.
Seems you can change the behavior by setting
`gnus-summary-display-article-function', the default behavior uses
`gnus-article-prepare'.  I would expect that this should behave the same
as selecting an article from the summary ordinarily.

Michael.