Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 21:44:01 -0800

>> I mean, the messages must end up in some nnml or nnmaildir server that
>> you've configured, right?
>
> I am using rkunter, that's something that scans your systems for
> rootkits and such once a day.  AFAIU it mails results to micha@drachen
> (with "drachen" being the host name).  They arrive in
> "/home/micha/Mail/archive/mail/misc" (that's the part I currently don't
> understand anymore), and I access that place via an nnml:archive named
> nnml server.

Okay, I think for David's benefit this is the important part: Michael is
storing the incoming messages in an nnml select method, named "archive".
It's entirely possible that this select method only exists because of
Gnus defaults, and Michael didn't configure anything at all, but the
important thing to note is that, yes, mails are brought in via a mail
source, and then are stored in a select method.