Best strategy to disable a touchpad on a laptop when in Emacs?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Best strategy to disable a touchpad on a laptop when in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 02:40:22 +0200

I sometimes touch the touchpad accidentally, with a palm and caouse
cursor to jump around or trigger a pop-up. How can I tell Emacs to
ignore all touchpad events? I guess they are registering as mouse
events? I don't use mouse much in Emacs, barely at all, so I oculd live
without mouse completely.

Or can I turn it off per process in the os (windows)? I can't turn the
touchpad of in the system entirely, it is my wife's and I am just
borrowing it sometimes :).