Re: MacOSx (10.15) and remap caps lock to hyper

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: MacOSx (10.15) and remap caps lock to hyper
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:21:16 +0100

>>> "GH" == Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

>> It seems that, if you map both the caps lock and the control keys to
>> "control" in the macOS preferences, and if you add
>>
>> (setq mac-right-control-modifier 'control)
>> (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
>> (setq mac-option-modifier 'super)
>> (setq mac-control-modifier 'hyper)
>>
>> to your init file, you'll have what you want.
>>

> You also have to add:

> (setq mac-right-option-modifier nil)

Thanks your solution works nicely!!

I found another one, which involves the ns lisp package and the
karabiner app.

So first I map with karabiner
caps lock to control
and left control to fn

(Most likely I could do this without karabiner)

And then I set

(when (eq system-type 'darwin)
  (setq  ns-alternate-modifier 'super)
  (setq  ns-command-modifier 'meta)