Re: How to enable <stdin> when run Perl in Emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to enable <stdin> when run Perl in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 15:26:12 -0500

> mode-compile has old-style quotes, and Emacs says:

Then you need to take that `mode-compile.el` and adjust it so it uses the
new style backquote syntax.  The old-style syntax has been obsolete for
about 20 years and doesn't work any more in Emacsā‰„27.

Of course, there's a good chance that what you want to do with
`mode-compile.el` can be done without it, tho.

> But this is the main thing I wish to have - useful compiler of Perl
> in Emacs.

Sorry, but I don't know what that means.  If you can describe your need
in a different way (like: "I want that when I open a file FOO and then
hit keys BAR and BAZ I get some new file FOOBAR is generated by running
command `BAR --on FOO` and some diagnostics is displayed in buffer
*BOOFAR*").

        Stefan