Re: two column mode ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: two column mode ?
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 03:01:51 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> What are the use cases for this feature set ?
>
> You pretty much summarized them above, and I don't
> know more about this than what I can glean from the
> manual.

@Eli Zaretskii

I think @Jean-Christophe Helary meant applied or "real
world" use cases or whatever one is supposed to call
'em - again,

  [c]heck out the file where its defined,
  two-column.el - I have it in
  /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/textmodes/two-column.el.gz

which is a good example. Not only is it an
applied/real-world use case, it solves the problem in
a way that is perhaps even preferable to other options
(e.g., LaTeX) because of its interactive edit and
responsiveness. Because its a task that invites
perfectionism and iterative edits, while at the same
time here even more than ever and elsewhere
perfectionism cannot be achieved - so that means A LOT
of edits, is what I'm trying to say!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573