Re: 26.3, 28; Set Default Font... CMU Typewriter Text

From: VanL
Subject: Re: 26.3, 28; Set Default Font... CMU Typewriter Text
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 04:50:23 +1100

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Preload which fonts? Emacs doesnʼt know which fonts itʼs going to need
> until it sees what characters itʼs being asked to display.

The font to preload is 'CMU Typewriter Text' and I expect the sequence
of binary from file are interpreted by Emacs, magically, into code
points that map to characters in the Unicode font.   But, maybe Emacs's
Unicode handling is half baked.   And, overlays from more code tables
help interpretation.

-- VL