Re: Four questions about ediff

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re: Four questions about ediff
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 18:06:57 -0500

On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 16:26:49 +0100
Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> wrote:

> jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> writes:
>
>  [...]
>
> File a feature request with M-x report-emacs-bug.

I would have thought that emacs, being of such flexibility, would have
had someone through the years fed up with those ediff prompts and
created some lisp code (a language I do not know) to circumvent them.

And so I bought a dedicated tool to do those long diffs that have to be
done.

I might file a FR also about this and the 3 other points mentioned at
the beginning of this thread.  These are, I find, basic aspects in
doing any long diffs between folders and files.  How old is ediff ?  I
guess a FR can get filed, and maybe in emacs 32 ...  :)

Cheers.