Debugging: Has something changed?

From: Mauro Aranda
Subject: Debugging: Has something changed?
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 20:13:04 -0300

Hello.

I was recently investigating a bug in an ElDoc function, and I tried the
Debugger.

So I did:
M-x debug-on-entry RET octave-eldoc-function RET

In emacs 26.2, when I entered the Debugger, I was able to press 'd' and do
my debugging like I've always done.

However, in emacs built from master, after entering the Debugger, I type
'd' and the debugger exits.  IOW, I can't step through the expressions.

Am I doing something wrong? Has something changed?

I've tested with emacs -Q, so my .emacs is not a problem here.

Best regards,
Mauro.