Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 17:38:19 -0600

Emanuel Berg via help-gnu-emacs wrote:

> ???
>
> What just happened? Why does it say
> "Emanuel Berg via help-gnu-emacs"?

Your message was an excellent test case for me as I had just changed
the Munge From setting on the mailing list.

  $ host -t txt _dmarc.zoho.eu
  _dmarc.zoho.eu descriptive text "v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=reject; fo=0;
rua=mailto:dmarc.reports.eu@zoho.eu; ruf=mailto:dmarc.reports.eu@zoho.eu";

Mail from zoho.eu will only be delivered directly from zoho.eu.
Therefore, in order to be relayed through the mailing list, the
mailing list must mangle the From address into something different.
The mailing list can only become the sender itself.

Bob