quoting lambdas (was: Re: lambda an (interactive) function but not a com

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: quoting lambdas (was: Re: lambda an (interactive) function but not a command)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 03:49:08 +0100

Now when we are on the interesting subject of
lambdas, I've heard one shouldn't quote them.
This makes sense as they are code, not data.

But what about the hash-quote or
"function quote", i.e. the #' ? IIUC that tells
the byte-compiler that something is a function,
so the byte-compiler can examine if the
function is defined at that point, and possibly
even do some optimizations - but obviously the
byte-compiler should already know that a lambda
is a function!

So #' with lambdas should be
meaningless, right?

But I suppose if they are meaningless, one
might put them there just as well :)

What's the policy from Emacs High Command?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573